Northwest - Oregon
Gravel Mixed Surface

Overview

Register

Price:

Date: Apr 30, 2022

Location: Waldport, Oregon

Region: Northwest - Oregon

Website:

Directions: Get Directions

Loading Events

« All Events

  • This event has passed.

Oregon Coast Gravel Epic

April 30 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm

The Oregon Coast Gravel Epic is an Oregon Triple Crown Series Event produced by Mudslinger Events.  Also known as the “Spring Classic”  of the Pacific Northwest, the route consists of 65% pure logging roads that are unpaved and the other 35% smooth pavement left over from decades of active logging that still exists to this day.

This endurance event on the first weekend in May showcases the raw beauty of ancient Siuslaw National Forests, rural Oregon coastal communities,  and some of its seriously stout hills. At 60 miles and 6677 ft of elevation gain, the Abomination route more than lives up to its name and will take anywhere from 3.5-7 hrs depending on your fitness.  The Son of Abomination is shorter at 37 miles, but still physically demanding with 3,740 ft of elevation gain and will take anywhere from 2.5 to 4 hrs.  The Gravel is 3/4 inch and larger for 65% of the course.  Prepare for anything, including steep sections  with your gear choices.  Some areas are smooth, but have moss and pine needles that can be slick if you veer off the established track

The event is well supported with frequent well stocked aid stations and SAG support.  Seven of the past eight years the first weekend in May has been 60 or warmer, however in the event of poor weather the course(s) will be set up cold weather stations to get you to the finish line. 

Recommended lodging options including the Overleaf Lodge and Spa (mention event for discount).  There are camping options at the KOA Waldport and McKinnley’s RV Park and Marina.  

This event is being produced by Mudslinger Events in cooperation with the communities of Waldport and Yachats on the central Oregon Coast and with the support of The Peoples Coast.  Mudslinger Events produces the  Triple Crown series along with several other high quality events in the Northwest.  The organization was founded in 2003 inspired by a love for connecting people, and organizing events for competition or simply to showcase the unique places in Oregon and beyond for a good day outdoors. The Oregon Triple Crown Series,  includes 5 events from April to May: Oregon Coast Gravel Epic, West Coast Gravel, Oregon Gran Fondo, Sasquatch Duro, and Takelma Gravel Grinder. People interesting in participating can register for each event separately or benefit from the OTC Series Pass that includes price discounts, bike accessories, and prizes associated with the timed-event awards.

 

Details

Date:
April 30
Time:
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Event Category:
View Website →

Organizers

Mudslinger Events
Oregon Triple Crown Series

Other

Season
Spring

Location

Waldport, Oregon
Waldport, OR United States + Google Map

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

You may use these HTML tags and attributes:

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

You Might Also Like