2022 will mark the 37th annual North Shore Century, one of the Chicago regions most popular cycling events. The event is produced by Evanston Bicycle Club and offers a unique route spanning beautiful neighborhoods, views of unique architectural treasures, tree-lined streets, Lake Michigan, and flat to rolling countryside between Chicago and Wisconsin. There are 4 ride lengths starting with the century, the metric century (62 miles), the half Century, and finally the quarter century. The event offers:
- Paper and/or digitally downloadable cue sheets and clear pavement markings for all routes
- Fabulous food – fresh fruit, home made baked goods, PB&Js, bagels, snack bars, Nuun energy drinks – plus something special and unique to each rest stop
- Mechanical support from a local bike shop at each rest stop
- Radio-directed SAG vehicles providing mid-ride assistance for emergencies
- A certificate of completion to impress your friends
The Evanston Bicycle Club will comply with all state and local COVID-19 guidance in effect at the time of the 2021 North Shore Century, including any requirements pertaining to face coverings, maintaining social distancing, and sanitizing.