Date: Sep 24, 2022
Location: Cedar City, Utah
Region: Southeast - Utah
Directions: Get Directions
Belgian Waffle Ride Utah
Brought to you by Monuments of Cycling, the same organizers as the iconic Belgium Waffle Ride California, BWR Cedar City (Utah) debuted in 2020 to rave reviews at elevation (5,800 feet) in the beautiful and rugged West desert of Southern Utah.
If you aren’t familiar with the Belgian Waffle Ride Series format, it is modeled after the great one-day European classics, and offers professionals and amateurs very challenging routes on the most coveted gravel and off-road sectors throughout the expansive region. The signature Waffle route is 137 Miles with 5,000 feet of elevation gain that features the famous Red Hills, Parowan Gap, “Little Salt Lake”, Coal and Whitney Canyons – all framed by the Cedar Mountains and the Dixie National Forest.
For those looking for the same experience but fewer miles, the “Wafer” route is another option at 87 Miles and 3,000 feet of elevation gain. There is also a separate E-Bike event over the Wafer course.
BWR Cedar City is part of the Belgian Waffle Ride Series which kicks off with BWR San Diego in April/May, followed by BWR Asheville (North Carolina) in August, BWR Cedar City (Utah) in September, BWR Kansas in October, and BWR Michigan, also in October.
Individual entry Fee’s run $200 for the Waffle and $175 for the Wafer. College students can ride for $87. There is also a VIP Dinner Experience ($160) which includes VIP packet pick up, dinner, drinks, the exclusive course reveal, and co-mingling with pros, sponsors, and other cycling dignitaries.
The route will start and finish on the grounds of Policy Kings Brewery. In true BWR fashion, expect lot’s of Waffles, Belgium Beer, and a great festival vibe. The region also offers tons more to do:
• Nearly 20 National Parks, Monuments, and Recreation Areas within a half day drive from Cedar City.
• Bryce Canyon NP and Zion NP both within an hour and a half drive, with the Kolob Canyon section of Zion only 20 minutes away
• Cedar Breaks National Monument is a 30 minute drive away.
• Nearby area has terrain perfect for all types of recreational activity
• Hundreds of miles of nearby gravel, mountain, and paved biking opportunities
• Intimate small town feel with big time recreation